Scott Edwards joined the firm in 2011 and became a partner in 2013. He earned a Bachelor’s degree in Sociology from the University of Utah and a Juris Doctorate, cum laude, from Gonzaga University School of Law where he was a member of the school’s Trial Team and served as a member of the school’s Moot Court Board.
Scott is licensed in both Washington and Oregon having taken the bar exams in both states just one week apart upon graduation from law school. Scott is admitted to practice in all the state and federal courts in Washington and Oregon, admitted to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, and admitted to practice in the Cowlitz Tribal Court.
He is actively involved in the Washington State Association for Justice (WSAJ) where he serves as a member of the Board of Governors and takes an active role in the organization’s leadership by serving on various committees and workgroups. Scott is also a member of the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association (OTLA).
Scott is a skilled trial lawyer and a graduate of the esteemed Trial Lawyers College. He employs the latest technology in advocating for his clients and combines the technological aspects of his presentation with a special ability to connect with jurors and to tell his clients’ stories through psychodramatic techniques and a vulnerable emotional connection.
Scott has been selected at first as a “Rising Star” and then as a “Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers Magazine. He is a frequent speaker and has given many presentations regarding technology, insurance bad faith, and trial skills to other legal professionals. He has also conducted dozens of focus groups and is regularly called upon by his colleagues to assist them in better understanding their cases.
Scott’s practice focuses on wrongful death, personal injury, auto accident, biking accident, and insurance cases. In his free time, Scott enjoys spending quality time with his family, getting outdoors in the beautiful Northwest, and cooking great food for friends and family.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Biking Injury
- Auto Accident
- Wrongful Death
Gonzaga University School of Law, Spokane, Washington J.D. cum laude; Memberships: National Trial Team, Moot Court Honors Counsel, Honor’s Counsel: President: Child Advocacy Association (CHAD)
University of Utah B.S.; Sociology Minor: Psychology; Membership: Phi Kappa Phi Major
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association of Justice, Member, 2014 – Present
- Washington State Bar Association, 2008 – Present
- Washington State Association of Justice, Eagle Member, 2011 – Present
- Washington State Association of Justice, Board of Governors, 2014 – Present
- Clark County Bar Association, 2011 – Present
- Oregon State Bar Association, 2009 – Present
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association, 2011 – Present
- Law and Politics Magazine
- Super Lawyers “Rising Star” selectee, 2018, 2019, and 2020
Past Employment Positions
Law Offices of Andersen & Nyburg, in-house counsel for Liberty Mutual, 2010 – 2011
Smith, Freed, & Eberhard, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2008 – 2010
- Your Insurance Company Is Not Your Friend: Here’s Why
- 10 Things To Do Immediately After a Crash
- Should I Trust the Other Driver’s Insurance Company?
- Just Sign This…What Do I Do if The Insurance Company Wants Me to Sign a Release?
- How Long Will My Personal injury Case Take?
- How Do Attorneys Determine How Much My Case is Worth?
- What Is “Discovery”?
- What is Arbitration?
- What is Mediation?
- What I Learned as An Insurance Defense Attorney