Licensed in Washington and Oregon.
Associate Attorney, 2007-2010
- Location: Vancouver, Washington
- Phone: 360-695-4244
- Fax: 360-696-0583
Scott Staples came on board in 2006 as a clerk during law school, and joined the firm as an associate attorney in 2007. He was made a partner in the firm in 2010. Scott graduated, cum laude, from Washington State University Vancouver with a BA in English, and obtained his Juris Doctorate from Willamette University College of Law, with cum laude honors there as well. He has successfully represented clients in a variety of different types of injury cases, including auto collisions, premises liability, animal attacks, watercraft accidents, and construction site injuries. He has appeared, and won, before the Washington State Supreme Court (Weismann v. Safeco, 2012).
Scott has volunteered time for the past several years at the Clark County Volunteer Lawyers Housing Justice Project. He has previously served on the new member and membership committees for the Washington State Association for Justice (WSAJ), and has acted as chair and co-chair of the WSAJ Clark County Roundtable. He is a member of the Washington and Oregon State Bar Associations, WSAJ and OTLA (state trial lawyer organizations), and is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in Washington and Oregon.
Scott was born and raised in Vancouver, attending Vancouver public schools and graduating from Hudson’s Bay High School. He enjoys playing recreational basketball and softball, skiing, and spending time with his wife and three children.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Worksite Accidents (ADD)
- Auto Accident
- Insurance Cases
- Animal Attacks
- Insurance Claim Disputes
Willamette University College of Law, Salem, Oregon
J.D. cum laude
Washington State University
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice, 2014-present
- Washington State Bar Association, 2007-present
- Oregon State Bar Association, 2013-present
- Washington State Association for Justice, Eagle Member, 2007-present
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association, 2013-present
- Clark County Bar Association, 2007-present
- Multnomah Bar Association, 2013-present
Past Employment Positions
Schauermann, Thayer & Jacobs, P.S., Law Clerk
- CASE REVIEW: DOWNING V. LOSVAR
- The importance and affordability of good auto insurance coverage
- Motorcycle Insurance: Don’t leave home without it
- My PIP Insurer has stopped paying my medical bills – Now what?
- What if someone intentionally injuries me?
- Get the video
- Should I give a statement to the other drivers’ insurance?
- What if I lose my job because of my injuries?
- Do I have to hit my head in order to get a concussion?
- What you need to know after a construction site accident in Washington & Oregon
- I work for a temp agency and was hurt on the job, do I have a claim?
- What if the person who hit me was drinking at a bar?
- Why is my initial offer from the insurer to settle my injury claim so low?
- Will the jury hearing my case know about the insurance company?